Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stories From My Garden



I thank God for this special day. Once again I feel nostalgic and at the same time hopeful for more blessings to come after this year.

One year ago today I celebrated my birthday and opened Like Showers On New Grass. I had the wonderful opportunity to bond and fellowship with some of the most amazing Christian ladies around the world through cyberspace. Seems like only yesterday, but I actually completed 52 weeks of writing about my hopes, and dreams, and prayers to the Lord.

I am celebrating my birthday again today. And I am also opening this new blog; this time, to share a slice of my simple life with you. My name is Anne, and I am a Wife, a Mother, and a Teacher.

Like my site's title, I want to tell you about Stories From My Garden. And by that I mean from where I am planted by the Lord. Though I do not really have a real garden in my home, I am always praying to have one someday.

Hence, this garden is a virtual one. I always daydream about sipping a tall glass of iced tea and sitting on a white wicker chair in a wooden porch, overlooking a garden filled with fragrant flowers.

I am hopeful. I know that someday, God will grant me that elusive garden. For now, this virtual garden will suffice. May you be blessed, may you visit again, and may we be friends forever.

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.
The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers,
and the dreams are as beautiful.
Abram L. Urban


No comments:

Post a Comment