Friday, April 15, 2011

Teacher's Summit 2011

I just arrived tonight from a Teacher's Summit held at Dahilayan Gardens and Resort, in the municipality of Manolo Fortich, province of Bukidnon.

It was my first time to be in that part of my country, way, way up in that cold mountainous region, and that long-a-time away from my family too. I flew there, with my co-teachers in school, and stayed for almost a week in that part of Mindanao.

Here is a picture of me, together with my co-teachers and colleagues at work. Okay, try to spot me, instead. :) Am sixth from left, or fifth from the right, whichever way you want it, last row on top (somewhere in the middle). Hope you found me. :)



We had a week of doing team building activities, and a lot of short and long-range planning for our students, lesson plans and other important school stuff for the coming school year.

Although I do not like being away from my family this long, overall, I was able to see the goodness of the Lord because I was able to bond with some of my workmates and treasure new friendships formed while being there. Praise be to God.

Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge


No comments:

Post a Comment