Monday, November 29, 2010

Home Economics Day

Apart from Homeschooling Gina in the usual academic subjects, we also engage her in activities that will make her into a more rounded child. We included Home Economics --specifically, cooking (or baking, sewing, etc.), in our subjects.

Here she is making breakfast -- Opening eggs and scrambling them to make Spanish Omelette...



And then (with our help of course), she tries to open a can of Sausage to go with our eggs. She says the can is hard and the can opener is tight...



After a late breakfast, Dancing Queen is seen here mashing boiled potatoes. Hmmmm... I wonder what is for lunch today...?
(Note that we've just taken off her Facemask here. These are the very few times that she is seen not wearing it, so we want to show off her cheerful, sweet face a lot!)


Those are Japanese bread crumbs...



The breaded stuff look good...



I think by now you already know what they are -- even in their uncooked state!



And here is our little cook, frying them (with our help again of course) in canola oil. She didn't stay too long in doing this step as the hot oil was splattering everywhere...



...And minutes later... Presto! We'll have Gina's Beefy Potato Croquettes for lunch! Yummy!



Tell me and I'll forget;
show me and I may remember;
involve me and I'll understand.
Chinese Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment